Сommunication looking for a profitable system/methodology

Discussion in 'Free communication on a variety of topics' started by Gladiator Trader, 29 December 2023.

1. xmem2010

xmem2010 Active Member

@andie I have no interest in convincing you - if you're working in HFT you are prob smarter than me anyways so you would not believe me (I work for hedge fund with various time horizons and including both automated and manual strategies - I am however not a trader nor portfolio manager - just regular software developer of software unrelated to trading) - just bear in mind with majority of strategies only after you are sufficiently convicted and capital wise commited you can earn more from trading than actually working or selling strategy to others + if you look how naively are people buying crap in this forum without requiring hardcore transparency - you will know that it is much easier to sell anything even working stuff than actually make unbelievable amount of money trading + it has been proven very significantly that market can be beaten and by wide margin obviously not by everyone which is very obvious why. You're righ that majority of strategies underperform backtest and benchmark but there are ways to improve that. At some point you will probably understand it yourself

2. xmem2010

xmem2010 Active Member

you can also argue that it is very bold statement that using "simple trainings" you will at some point be able to outsmart market (if you really believe in EMH)

3. xmem2010

xmem2010 Active Member

PS: I don't sell anything I am just participant in this forum - I earn my money only by working as software developer and investing myself

4. andie

andie Active Member

I'm also a software developer, but I work directly with quants on algo development and research processes. They don't share all their secrets to me, but I do have visibility on a whole lot :).
    The market is not easy to beat, but if you're right, say, 50.1% of the time and you trade many times per day then you will make good money.
    The HFT strategies also have high Shapre ratios (>8, ours much higher than that) so you have more confidence in the consistency of returns.

If your goal is to do HFT at home, then crypto is the only market where it is feasible to do so easily (no need for exchange contracts, etc..). The only problem you'll have is getting a better deal on the fees.

My skepticism in the *true* performance of the EAs being sold here comes from knowing how non-trivial it is to make strategies that make money. It requires collecting and processing a lot of high-quality recorded market data, finely tuned and continuously updated statistical models, proper backtesting and research methodologies (in-sample vs. out-sample, not overfitting), etc..
    I doubt any of this is done for the EAs being sold online. And since there is no rigorous testing procedure, you definitely can have a "good year", but who's to say you just didn't get lucky?

Also, I prefer to work on fully systematic/automated systems. Not systems you have to manually stop "during news periods" :).

hiddenchamp and xmem2010 like this.
  5. Gladiator Trader

Gladiator Trader Active Member

Any specific courses that you will attest give one an advantage? I see some references here but no specific recommendations.

6. xmem2010

xmem2010 Active Member

You can try to search forum for what I am buying. I dont recommend Andie approach i do some algo trading both using mine and also bought strategies. You can find something with long track record ( i woupd recommend finding track record od more than 12 months) and then buy the crack here or elsewhere and youre ready to go. Good luck

7. Dragon Trader

Dragon Trader New Member

Learn to trade Fair Value Gaps. They close 100% of the time! Research ICT (Inner Circle Trader) on YouTube. Combine this strategy with hedging and you can write your own checks! Practice in a demo account and be patient! This is really all you need. Now, go do it!

sirpipsalot and xmem2010 like this.
  8. sirpipsalot

sirpipsalot New Member

Looks to be solid advice thanks but can you do me a favor and point me to where/how to begin in his series of videos he has under his website labeled as "ICT Mentorship Core Content" which takes you to his youtube channel? All of those videos have different titles but all are labeled "Month 1" so I what order to watch? Thanks again!

Dragon Trader likes this.
  9. Dragon Trader

Dragon Trader New Member

If you go to his playlist and scroll down towards the bottom, he has a playlist for the Market Maker series. Work your way through that. He explains how the market works and why institutional traders move the market. After that, go through his OTE (Optimal Trade Entry) series and he’ll explains setups that he looks for. All of it will help, but he can be a little long winded and his material is not necessarily streamlined. Just be patient with it. Now he doesn’t mention any type of hedging strategies, but I don’t think it’s necessary to take losses when you can hedge. If you are using these principles to pass / trade a funded account with FTMO, etc…, learn to hedge. There are even “recovery” EAs that you can use. I can’t stress enough, you have got to be patient with it. Most Fair Value Gaps will close on a 1M and a 5M chart in a few hours or a few days. Although, I’ve had a couple that didn’t close for months. Just don’t go crazy with big lot sizes thinking “the FVG will close” This is true, but if you take positions with too large of a lot size, you can get stuck in a big drawdown. Learn to spot the gaps on a 1 or 5 minute chart and trade in that direction with the trend and momentum. Hope all that made sense. Lol

sirpipsalot likes this.
  10. sirpipsalot

sirpipsalot New Member

Thanks much for your advice and wisdom!

11. Teebbagg

Teebbagg Active Member

So you guys ended up saying nothing here …

12. Teebbagg

Teebbagg Active Member

you’ve still not given us the names of the EA that you run …

Namir86 likes this.
  13. mec007

mec007 Member

@MikeFX people are asking you about those 4 EAs and you ignore theme, you wrote this comment and run away, What did we benefit from your comment? you want just to show us that you are a genius .. we wonder why sellers don't sell us their profitable EAs and how selfish they are, while we have here in this forum participants who hide information about profitable EAs sold here in the forum, @MikeFX what will you lose if you share those 4 EAs with participants and help each other?!

14. MikeFX

MikeFX Active Member

Nobody gave me this on a plate. I had to buy tons of EA's from here and test them non stop.
    It's not rocket science - buy and test yourself.

xmem2010 and hiddenchamp like this.
  15. Teebbagg

Teebbagg Active Member

Get lost !

David718 likes this.
  16. MikeFX

MikeFX Active Member

Lol.

xmem2010 likes this.
  17. MWTrader

MWTrader Member

18. TR GOLD

TR GOLD Active Member

19. MWTrader

MWTrader Member

Join us bro

20. MWTrader

MWTrader Member

Join us to get Weis wave

• Clubbingbuy is a convenient platform for collective purchase of information products! Our service successfully solves the main task of the project-we give the possibility of collective purchases for all popular books, audio and video tutorials, seminars, programs, scripts, databases, templates and themes. The purchase will be cheaper than the full cost several times. New knowledge will cost no more than a Cup of coffee. Get the maximum benefit for the minimum money!